USA Lock & Key is proud to announce a successful car key fob duplication for a client in Spring Mountain Rd Las Vegas. Our client wanted to duplicate his car key fob for a simple reason: so he could have a copy of his original key fob, which he often loses.
A key fob is an important piece that you need to communicate with your vehicle's electronic system. It can do more than unlock doors; a car key fob will also start your car without any physical user interaction.
Upon arriving at his house within the hour, we used our tools and RFID reader to duplicate his car key fob. Of course, we asked for identification first since you can't be too careful nowadays. Car Key Fob Duplication is a simple task and we finished it within a couple of minutes. He was happy to have a duplicate fob and said he would contact USA Lock & Key if he ever needed our services again! This brings us to our topic today: Car Key Fobs!
Related Article: Mercedes C230 2007 Car Key Replacement Las Vegas
What Is A Car Key Fob And Why It’s Important
As stated above, a key fob is an important tool that communicates with your vehicle's electronic system. It can do more than just unlock doors; it will also start the car without any physical interaction from you.
Key fobs are not the same thing as a remote control for your garage door opener, television, or anything else. They are unique devices that emit a unique identity code that locks or unlocks your car, starts your engine, and more with just a simple touch of a button.
In modern times, wireless key fobs have evolved to add different functions, such as the ability to open your trunk, hatchback, or sliding door on vans, and more. They've also reduced their size so they're small enough to fit in your pockets.
Why Repair Or Duplicate Your Key Fob?
We'd all be lost without them, but for some, the key fob is a symbol of frustration. It's hard to know exactly how many keys you're carrying around at any given moment, but it's easy to imagine the discomfort of having one (or more) of them go missing. As our client has stated, "It's better to have two key fobs than none" which is true. Having a duplicate is a wiser choice if you're like our client that frequently loses his car key fob. However, it is better to know whether you need duplication or your car key fob is just in need of repair. Thus, USA Lock & Key is here to provide you with some examples so you know what services you really need.
- No Battery Car Key Fob - Part of the appeal of a keyless entry system is that you don't have to carry around a key. That's fine until your battery dies and you can't get into your car. If this happens, don't worry—a bad battery in the key fob is most commonly the reason for a failure to send signals to the keyless entry system. This is a simple repair you can do without hiring any locksmiths or going to a dealership. Just simply replace the old battery with a new one and voila, you're done!
- A regular case of wear and tear - Your car key fob might have a case of old age. Old or loose wiring, water damage, or any programming issues is part of an old car key fob. Reprogramming your car key fob by an automotive locksmith is the best solution for these types of issues.
- Contacts are either broken or misaligned - Sometimes a key fob may get stuck or even worse, get broken. This then results in the key fob's ability to operate smoothly so you'll notice some delay when opening your car as well as having to press multiple times just to send the correct signals. You can fix it by yourself if you know how, but hiring a professional locksmith to repair the problem is a better choice.
- Radio waves interfering with the signals - Wireless devices such as radar detectors and anti-theft alarms are excellent tools that help to protect your vehicle from theft. However, sometimes having too many wireless devices on at once can interfere with each other causing a problem with the key fob's signal. This is especially true when a key fob is programmed to the same frequency as a wireless device, causing the key fob to stop working. Having a professional locksmith is the best way to repair this issue.
Avoiding the Scramble to Find Car Keys or Fobs
Like most people, you probably have at least a couple of keys and fobs in your possession right now. Losing your car keys or fob is a nightmare, but there are several ways to ensure it doesn't happen to you. There are preventive measures you can take. Let's look at some basic tips for preventing loss as well as more advanced strategies such as Bluetooth trackers—let’s find out how you can stop losing your car keys.
- A Key Ring - Many people fail to use key rings, and as a result, they lose their keys much more often than those who do have rings.
- A Bluetooth Tracker - There are many ways for you to keep track of your keys, such as using a smartphone app or Bluetooth tracking device.
- A Designated Spot - Many people have a designated spot for their car keys/fobs, whether it be on a wall-mounted holder or in the same place every day. As long as you’re consistent about where you leave them, it’s less likely that they will get lost under piles of clothing and magazines.
- Duplicating car keys and fobs - Well, we didn't say that duplicating car keys and fobs is bad. Having a spare as our client said, is better than none. Just be sure not to lose your spare!
- Make a habit of double-checking - Make it a habit to check your pockets or purse before leaving the room, house, apartment (or car!). That way you won’t lock yourself out by accident.
Unlocking Your Solution: 24/7 Automotive Locksmith Services by USA Lock & Key
If you're ever stranded due to a lost or damaged key fob, worry not! USA Lock & Key is your 24/7 rescue for automotive locksmith needs in Las Vegas. Swiftly restoring your access, our automotive experts ensure you're back on track. New to hiring locksmiths? Now's your chance. Our skilled team is at your service for all lock and key requirements.
We also offer fob duplication, car key duplication, car lockout services, car key replacement, car rekey, and more! Contact us today for more information about our services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is key fob duplication secure?
Yes, key fob duplication is secure when done by reputable locksmiths. They use encryption methods to safeguard your key's data during duplication, maintaining the integrity of your security system.
Can key fob duplication save money?
Absolutely. Key fob duplication is cost-effective compared to purchasing a new key from the car manufacturer. It eliminates the need for reprogramming and minimizes potential car dealership fees.
Can I duplicate my key fob myself?
While some DIY key fob duplication kits exist, they may not guarantee the same quality and security as professional services. It's advisable to rely on experienced locksmiths to ensure proper functionality.
Is key fob duplication faster than getting a replacement from the manufacturer?
Yes, key fob duplication is typically faster. Manufacturers' replacements may require ordering, programming, and shipping, which could take several days. Duplication is often completed within a short period, ensuring quick access to spare keys.
Are there any limitations to key fob duplication?
Key fob duplication might not be possible if the original fob is damaged beyond repair or if it's a highly specialized fob. However, most standard fobs can be duplicated without issues.